I've made a new serial bootloader for Microchip PIC devices named "Tiny PIC Bootloader +" (http://sourceforge.net/projects/tinypicbootload/
Here are some informations about it: Where does it come from?
This Bootloader is based on "Tiny PIC Bootloader" made by Claudiu Chiculita.
PC software is based on "Tiny Pic Bootloader for GNU/Linux" writen in python by Ferezvi. What can it do?
It can program:
- with light modifications to the Bootloader firmware for new devices
- without modifying your application source code or using a special linker script
- via GUI or command line
- with automatic Reset on RTS serial pin
- with autodetect of the right COM port and baud rate (if automatic Reset on RTS serial pin is enabled)
- with HEX code verification to avoid to send a program from a different device family in your PIC (for example: prevent to program a PIC16 ".hex" in a PIC18 device)
- with debug messages capabilities What's next?
It's planned to add:
- and a better documentation
Please give it a try and send me some feedbacks